Sunday, October 7, 2012

Properties window BackUp Database SSIS

Today while trying to refresh my knowledge on SSIS, I tried creating a sample SSIS package with 'BackUp Database' task

One silly issue that I encountered is when I open up the properties window of the task, I find that the buttons at the bottom to finish setting properties is exceeding the screen size and the buttons are getting hidden below the task bar, on my new 18.5 inch LED.

I tried to check whether there is a way out to resize or move the window but no, I can't. So I had to do this. Hide your task bar and now click on the buttons to finish your configuration.

How you hide the task bar: Right click on task bar -> Select properties -> Uncheck lock taskbar & check the Auto-hide the task bar -> Apply -> OK. Now you should be able to click on your buttons and complete configuration for the Back database task.

I agree I could do this by resetting my screen resolution which I do not want to do, as I am quite comfortable with my current one. Hope Microsoft provides a resizable window in the next version of SQL Server data tools (BIDs earlier) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment